It suffices to say that 2020 has been a year like no other and The Grille is excited to help you see this year out in style. We all deserve to
When you imagine a Christmas meal in Queenstown, it is hard to look past this years’ five–star set menu. The set menu offers a fresh take on festive season dining and showcases an array of quality fine dining options over three courses.
Starting from $130 per person, the Christmas set menu includes the full three-courses and a complimentary glass of Pierre Jouet champagne.
There is a sweeping of festive flavours throughout all the entree’s, starting with the more traditional smoked duck breast to the succulent seafood option of chargrilled prawns. The addition of the wonderful Chilled asparagus gazpacho with its luxurious creamy texture, makes for a fantastic vegetarian option.
The mains feature all the traditional epithets of Christmas dining in New Zealand – Ham off the bone, Barbecue Lamb and our Legendary Seafood chowder.
- The Gourmet Havoc Ham is a classic Christmas Day centerpiece for kiwis and is delivered straight from the iconic Havoc Farm in Dunedin.
- The highly renowned Cardrona Merion Lamb is highly lamb is treasured for its tenderness, leanness and refined flavours and a great addition to our menu is festive season.
- The Legendary Seafood Chowder is a prized Eichardt’s dish that is a must on any of our menus with locals & guests alike always enjoying this firm favourite.
- The delicious variant to the classics is the Kumera Beignets with marinated buffalo cheese -a fantastic option for vegetarians wanting to partake in Christmas festivities.
- Last, but not least, come the celebratory alcoholic dessert options. In keeping with traditions, the Egg Nog Ice-cream in the Christmas Pudding or the Scotch Raspberry in the Pavlova will set the tone for the rest of the day. A platter of seasonal local cheeses might also be a great accompaniment, should you be so inclined.
Christmas 2020 will be made even more memorable as you get to enjoy all this bounty whilst also looking out across the spectacular mountain and lake views.